TaqMan® OpenArray® Human MicroRNA Panel, QuantStudio™ 12K Flex
The TaqMan® OpenArray® Human MicroRNA Panel, QuantStudio™ 12K Flex is a fixed-content panel containing validated human TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays derived from Sanger miRBase release v.14. The TaqMan® OpenArray® Human MicroRNA Panel, QuantStudio™ 12K Flex greatly simplifies workflow, enabling the generation of a comprehensive miRNA profile for up to 48 samples and 43,000 data points in a single working day using minimal hands-on time and no robotics.
• Take the guess-work out of assay performance with functionally validated TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays
• Avoid 2-day workflow interruptions with a streamlined 1-day procedure
• Make quicker decisions and get answers faster with 48 samples/day throughput
• Spend less time validating with microRNA panels that are highly concordant to single-tube assays
• Help save precious samples and reagent costs with nanoliter fluidics
Functionally Validated TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays
Each TaqMan® OpenArray® Human MicroRNA Panel, QuantStudio™ 12K Flex contains 754 well-characterized human miRNA sequences from the Sanger miRBase v14. All 754 assays have been functionally validated with miRNA artificial templates.
Only about 45 minutes hands-on time and 2 hrs instrument run time to run 4 panels–the equivalent of 32 × 384-well plates–with no additional robotics required. The workflow is completed in five steps (Fig 1):
1. Split total RNA sample and process in parallel using Megaplex™ Primer Pools A and B and the supporting TaqMan® MicroRNA Reverse Transcription Kit.
2. Resulting cDNA is preamplified prior to real-time PCR analysis using Megaplex™ PreAmp Pools and TaqMan® PreAmp Master Mix.
3. Preamplified cDNA is diluted, mixed 1:1 with TaqMan® OpenArray® Real-Time PCR Master Mix in the 384-well OpenArray® Sample Loading Plate.
4. TaqMan® OpenArray® MicroRNA Panels are automatically loaded using the AccuFill™ System.
5. Up to 4 panels are cycled simultaneously on a QuantStudio™ 12K Flex Real-Time PCR System
High-throughput miRNA Profiling
For high-throughput profiling, the workflow enables up to 4 runs with 4 panels in each run over 8 hours, for a total of 48 samples and over 43,000 data points in a single workday. The TaqMan® OpenArray® Human MicroRNA Panel, QuantStudio™ 12K Flex provides the advantages of TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays in a high-throughput plate format, and is ideal for medium to large miRNA profiling studies focused on high-throughput biomarker discovery research, MicroRNA regulation of mRNA gene expression, and MicroRNA functional analysis using well-characterized and well-studied miRNAs. Human MicroRNA Panel have also demonstrated a dynamic range of 4 logs or more (Fig 2)
High Concordance to Single-tube Assays
The TaqMan® OpenArray® Human MicroRNA Panel has demonstrated high concordance with an R2 value of 0.95 to the mostly commonly used tool for validation: individual TaqMan MicroRNA Assays (Fig 3). The same panel is used in the TaqMan® OpenArray® Human MicroRNA Panel, QuantStudio™ 12K Flex, enabling accurate answers to help minimize validation.
Lower Samples Volume and Reduced Reagent Costs
The TaqMan® OpenArray® Human MicroRNA Panel, QuantStudio™ 12K Flex utilizes nanoliter fluidics, so each reaction uses only 33 nanoliters of sample and reagents, resulting in significant sample volume and reagent cost savings.
Additional Required Reagents
These products are also required to run the TaqMan® OpenArray® Human MicroRNA Panel, QuantStudio™ 12K Flex:
• Megaplex™ Primer Pools (PN 4444750 or 4444766)
• TaqMan® MicroRNA Reverse Transcription Kit (PN 4366596 or 4366597)
• TaqMan® PreAmp Master Mix (PN 4391128)
• TaqMan® OpenArray® Real-Time PCR Master Mix (PN 4462159 or 4462164)
• QuantStudio™ 12K Flex OpenArray® Accessories Kit (PN 4469576)
• OpenArray® 384-well Sample Plates (PN 4406947)
• OpenArray® AccuFill™ System Tips (PN 4457246 or 4458107)
Additionaly, Megaplex™ Primer Pools are required for miRNA reverse transcription and preamplification prior to real-time PCR.
Download OpenArray® Plate Files
OpenArray® Plate Files (TPF) are needed to process your OpenArray® MicroRNA Panel, QuantStudio™ 12K Flex panels on the QuantStudio™ 12K Flex Real-Time PCR System.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostics procedures.